Nuovi CD di musica del XX e del XXI secolo

La Catedral de Taxco, Ernesto Cordero

Condividi

Messaggi raccomandati

• Group:  Ammministratori
  • Topic Count:  1016
  • Content Count:  3633
  • Device:  Windows

Il nuovo lavoro di Ernesto Cordero sarà presto pubblicato dalle Edizioni Orphèe.

"[...]Both pieces were inspired by beautiful cities in America and Europe. Taxco Cathedral, also named Santa Prisca, is located ‎at the state of Guerrero, Mexico. Built in the year 1759, this majestic, pink-stoned, colonial styled church shows a typical “churrigueresca” façade. ‎ Having the goal to get closer to the religious and spiritual character of this ancient Cathedral, I decided to mesh medieval ‎and contemporary sounds. On the other hand, having composed this piece almost totally within a graphic writing, it gave ‎me the flexibility of getting inside these old musics, so intimately related to the imposing temple.‎ Through the piece, we will hear sounds simulating or evoking church bells, Gregorian Chants, indigenous melodies, the horns of automobiles cruising nearside the Cathedral, even touches of Flamenco music that can be identified with the “churrigueresco” style of the old building. I would like to point out that this work was written to honor the ‎Cathedral and the Taxco International Guitar Festival, directed by Juan Carlos Laguna. The piece is dedicated to Chilean ‎guitarist, Carlos Antonio Pérez. ‎ The city of Perugia, like Taxco, is built on the tops of hills. In Perugia’s instance, it elegantly descends toward the Tiber ‎Valley. Its beautiful urban helmet, identified by a nucleus of Etruscan origin, is encased by medieval walls. The piece I ‎present to you, a solo for guitar, like the city’s architecture, is characterized by frequent and sudden contrasts. It is ‎dedicated to Leonardo de Angelis, a current Professor at the Conservatory of Perugia.[...]"

Alcune informazioni su Ernesto Cordero:
Composer and guitarist Ernesto Cordero (born in 1946 in New York and raised in Puerto Rico), began his higher studies in 1963 when he entered the Conservatory of Music in Puerto Rico and he continued at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Madrid, Spain where he earned a diploma in 1971. Subsequently, he did post-graduate work in composition with Roberto Caggiano in Rome, Italy from 1972 to 1974 and with Julian Orbón in New York from 1977 to 1978. He first studied guitar from 1961 to 1964 with Jorge Rubiano and he later worked with several teachers, most importantly Regino Sainz de la Maza in Spain in the 1960s and Alírio Díaz and Claudio de Angelis in Italy in 1972. Since 1971 he taught composition and guitar in the music department of the University of Puerto Rico. In addition to his activities as composer, performer and teacher, Ernesto Cordero was music director since 1980 to 1997 of the International Guitar Festival of Puerto Rico. He is in demand throughout the world as a distinguished participant in leading competitions and festivals.

Per prenotare l'acquisto:
http://www.editionsorphee.com/solos/periwinkle.html

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Per favore accedi per lasciare un commento

Potrai lasciare un commento dopo aver effettuato l'accesso

Accedi Ora
 Condividi

• Crea Nuovo...

Informazioni importanti

Usando il Forum dichiari di essere d'accordo con i nostri Terms of Use.